Nearly 350,000 Washington voters signed the I-1351 petition, and Snoqualmie Valley Education Association members helped collect those signatures. Our success is an indication of the widespread support for reducing our state’s overcrowded class sizes. Thank you!
Now, we need to make sure voters – our friends, family and co-workers – know why I-1351 is good for kids and why they should vote YES this fall.
The reasons to support I-1351 are compelling:
- Washington is 47th out of 50 in class sizes in the nation. Our kids deserve better.
- Small class sizes, which foster better connections between teachers and students, are the basic building blocks for academic success.
- Lower class sizes help struggling students receive the individual attention they need to get back on track.
- In subjects like math and science, small classes make it easier for kids get interested and engaged in these subjects that will help prepare them for success in our high-tech economy. It makes common sense – lower class sizes make it easier for students to get the attention they need to succeed in school. I-1351 benefits students in every grade, and from all backgrounds across the state.
- The initiative also increases the number of caring adults who help kids succeed in school every day.
To learn more about I-1351 and how you can get involved, visit www.yeson1351.com.